Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ASSOCIATED PRESS LEGEND'S ELVIS LINK

During my 15 years or so covering media, one of the journalists I have been lucky enough to know is Linda Deutsch, the legendary Associated Press reporter whose career at the news co-op spans more than 50 years and includes covering most of the big celebrity trials, from Manson to O.J.

What you may not know is she is a major Elvis fan and was an original Elvis Presley Fan Club president. I learned this years ago when I did a story on Deutsch for Editor & Publisher and we discussed the King as I am also a major fan.

Her Elvis history is getting some attention today as she sits on a panel of fan club presidents in Memphis, Tennessee, as part of the annual Elvis Week, the week-long commemoration of his death on Aug. 16, 1977.

Linda's panel hit the stage this morning. The king would have been proud.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete